It is arguably more important than the design of the website and the content you write about each product. That’s why we will see how you can present your products in the best possible way, maximizing sales.
Choose a design that puts product images in front and center
There are several ways to create product pages on the e-commerce site, and depending on the products you sell, certain designs would look more attractive than others.
That’s why you need to ask yourself a few questions when creating your e-commerce site:
- How complicated are the products you are selling? Does a potential buyer need to read a few paragraphs before making a decision or would just the product image and title be enough? This helps to determine the proportions of the product page and the priority you should give to each section.
- Do your products have a special and unique aesthetic or are they diverse? Could you choose a color palette that would accentuate the photos of the product in general? If you are creating an e-commerce site that sells a very niche product, you can choose a bolder theme that attracts the attention of potential buyers. If you plan to open a more widespread e-commerce platform, you will probably need to choose more secure options.
Take A / B Tests
What we find attractive is extremely subjective, that’s why many e-commerce sites do not sell products, although the owner found the design and images of the product extremely attractive. We need a way to empirically test the performance of product photos to find out which one appeals most to customers.
The most common way to do this is by running A / B tests:
- Create two versions of the same product page, each with different photos or themes, color palettes, or whatever you want to test.
- Randomly redirect customers to any page in equal measures.
- Record the performance of each product page: how much time the user spends on the page, clicks on another page, buys the product, etc.
- See the test results after a few weeks and see which page performed best.
That way, you’ll be able to discover and maintain high-quality photographs while excluding low-quality and unattractive ones.
Make use of 3D models and image editing
The era of natural images is long gone – the only way to succeed is to use image editing and 3D modeling technicians to improve the appearance of your products – this can happen in a variety of ways and formats, but they will all have an impact measurable improvement and improvement of your platform:
- Every experienced photographer knows how difficult it is to get the right lighting. This is not true when editing images; you can easily make the product have the right lighting, making it more attractive.
- The mixture of modeling and 3D photography will allow you to create photorealistic models that customers can view in 3D and personalize them on the support. This is extremely important if you are selling furniture and other expensive items. The China product photography will help you digitize your products and create a photorealistic and editable digital version that will allow you a lot of flexibility.
These are just two examples of hundreds of possible ways to use this technology to improve the quality of the website.